Nearly 10 percent of Americans move each year, according to U.S. Census data. While the majority of those moves are in-state, about 14 percent of movers relocate to a different state. If you’re considering relocating to a new state, be sure to consider Utah!
This post from a top home builder in Tooele City, UT will cover a few of the many perks of moving to the Beehive State:
- Strong job market: The unemployment rate in Utah is lower than the national average, and Utah is currently ranked second in state job creation. From hospitality to software engineering and even coal mining, Utah has tons of jobs available for anyone looking to relocate.
- Rising housing market: Home prices are up nationwide right now, but compared to some other states, Utah’s housing prices are significantly lower. If you can’t find a house that you like in your price range, talk to a custom home builder in Grantsville, UT about building a brand-new house.
- Beautiful national parks: Even if you’re not much of a hiker or outdoor enthusiast, you’ll still enjoy Utah’s national parks. From Zion to Bryce Canyon, we have five national parks that ensure beautiful sights and fun for the whole family.
- Winter sporting opportunities: We get 48 inches of snowfall each year, so there’s no lack of outdoor activities come wintertime. Whether you’re a skier, snowboarder, snowshoer, snowmobiler or just enjoy the stunning snow-capped mountains, you’re sure to love it here.
- Updated infrastructure: Unlike some states—where outdated roads are riddled with potholes, and public transportation is fairly poor—Utah has updated highways and a growing light rail system. Salt Lake City International Airport is also home to one of the largest Delta hubs in the U.S., so it’s easy to travel across the country to visit friends.
- No-nonsense taxes: If you dread doing your complicated taxes each year, Utah is the state for you! Utah has a 5 percent flat income tax, so filing state taxes is easy each year. Plus, our property taxes are low, which is great for both home builders in Tooele City, UT and a home buyers.
- Good colleges: The University of Utah, Brigham Young University and Utah State are just a few of the many colleges and universities in our state, so anyone looking to further their education can do it right here without leaving Utah.
- Low crime rate: Utah has the ninth-lowest crime rate in the country. Although the nonviolent crime rate is a bit higher in Salt Lake City and other larger towns, everyone can feel safe living in our state.
Talk to UpDwell Homes LLC today
Now that we’ve convinced you to move to Utah, it’s time to start planning your custom home. As a top custom home builder in Grantsville, UT, we offer our clients a variety of communities to choose from and the highest-quality building materials and finishes available. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with a variety of custom design options!